Planning a corporate event or any event for that matter can never be easy… Especially if it is your first event. From the planning to the collaborations and coordination’s, we have narrowed it down to 5 simple tips to help you plan your next event with ease and stress free (as much as possible).
1. Plan and Coordinate Planning and coordinating your event from day one is essential to ensure a successful event. You should take into consideration all aspects of the event. Having a strong team with different skills is a great way to kick things off. It is very important to fully understand your clients’ expectations as well as whom your target audience is from the early stages. Analyzing your budget is a crucial first step in event planning. Prepare deadlines for each individual activity and work closely with your team to achieve these timelines.
2. 3, 2, 1, Action Here is where things start falling in place. It is the perfect time to kick-start your social media initiatives to engage with your target audience or attendees as well as start marketing the event to the media.
3. The day (s) before The 24-36 hours before the event is critical to get everything in order. This is when you will sort out your guest list, ensure deliveries will be or are on time as well as send your VIP’s (if any) reminders.
4. The Big Day Ensure that you are on location as early as possible with your core team to cross check everything. A few hours before the event, everyone who is involved from the photographers to the waiters and AV team should be briefed regarding the itinerary and flow of the evening.
5. Post event Blues After the event, remember to speak to the attendees to obtain their feedback. Be it negative or positive, it is important to listen to them all as it gives you valuable insights that will help build your managerial skills. Event management no matter how big or small can make or break you.
To avoid irreparable bloopers, you should consider working with a team of professionals. Prism has been managing a wide variety of events for the past 10 years in and around the GCC region. Visit PRISM to find out how we can make your next event a major success.